I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

Mastiff Online Community

Promote Your Page Too

Help Feed Dogs - FREE

The Animal Rescue Site

Neapolitan Mastiff growth chart

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
Anonymous
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:38 pm   Post subject:  Neapolitan Mastiff growth chart Back to top 

This is my first time on this forum. I was wondering if anybody has a growth chart for a Neapolitan Mastiff puppy. We have an 11 week old female Neapolitan and she weighs 18 lbs. I was just wondering if she is normal/smaller/larger compared to other Neo pups. I understand that all puppies have different growth rates, I am just curious to hear about other Neo puppies. Thanks!!!

Download Post   
Kim
SNORER
SNORER
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:01 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

That will depend alot on the parents.
how big are/were they?
one litter can have different sizes, such as runts obviously.
That being said, 18 lbs @ 11 weeks does sound a bit on the small side to me.
Neo's aren't quite as large as the English at maturity, but it seems in my experience that 18lbs should be more like 8 weeks...don't know smiley

I would love to see some pics! Very Happy

Anonymous
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:20 pm   Post subject: Funny Re: Neapolitan Mastiff growth chart Back to top 

The breeder that we got her from owns both parents. I am not sure how much the mother weighs. I know that the father weighs 180 lbs. From what I understand, the father is pretty big for a Neo. I will have to post some pictures of her. She is beautiful (all mamas say that, though Very Happy ). She is "blue" with crystal blue eyes. They turn green sometimes. I suspect that they will eventually turn green as she gets older - that is what happened with her mothers eyes. She has the sad eyes because of her droopy face and neck. And she has huge paws. Thanks for the reply!

Download Post   
Kim
SNORER
SNORER
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:34 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

180 LBS is about the maximum limit for male Neos- so he is on the big side.

I have seen the greens eyes, but rarely. My girls turned from blue to gold.
She is the blue brindle in my sig. pic.
she's 1/2 neo 1/2 cane corso (taking on more of the CC.) She is 120 lbs. now fully mature.

Anonymous
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:52 pm   Post subject:  Re: Neapolitan Mastiff growth chart Back to top 

How old was she when her eyes turned gold?

Download Post   
Mairs
LEASH TRAINED
LEASH TRAINED
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:07 pm   Post subject:  Re: Neapolitan Mastiff growth chart Back to top 

Hi! I had a tawny female Neo in the 90's. Her eyes were warm-grey, like her coat. I love Neapolitan eyes! I hope you will post pictures of your baby. Smile

BONES
Download Post   
Kim
SNORER
SNORER
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:16 pm   Post subject:  Re: Neapolitan Mastiff growth chart Back to top 

kntx720 wrote (View Post): › How old was she when her eyes turned gold?

I'd say about 4 months old....

I'm DYING for a tawny!!!!!

Anonymous
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:28 pm   Post subject:  Re: Neapolitan Mastiff growth chart Back to top 

I tried to post a picture but it wouldn't show up. How do I post a picture? Embarassed

Download Post   
Kim
SNORER
SNORER
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:45 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

....um, I only know how from "photobucket"

Do you have a photobucket account? or one similar?

Hankums
GENTLE GIANT
GENTLE GIANT
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:08 am   Post subject:  Re: Neapolitan Mastiff growth chart Back to top 

kntx720 wrote (View Post): › I tried to post a picture but it wouldn't show up. How do I post a picture? Embarassed

http://www.mastiffonlinecommunity.net/viewtopic.php?t=10
Wink Welcome to MOC Very Happy

GLMR Volunteer
http://www.glmr.org
Download Post   
crystaphaze
GENTLE GIANT
GENTLE GIANT
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:52 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I dont have a chart but Im DYING to see a Neo puppy!!! Please post pics =) Or email them to me! LOL
Where in Texas are you? If you are close I will HAVE to come see her in person!!!

Save The Giants
Vice President
www.savethegiants.com
crystal@savethegiants.com

Great Plains Mastiff Rescue
Volunteer
www.greatplainsmastiffrescue.org

Download Post   
crystaphaze
GENTLE GIANT
GENTLE GIANT
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:53 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I just realized that may sound a little creepy in an online forum especially since you are brand new... I dont literally HAVE to and Im not going to stalk you and show up at your door, I promise! I just got so excited when I saw you are in TX so there may actually be a chance you are close to me =)

Save The Giants
Vice President
www.savethegiants.com
crystal@savethegiants.com

Great Plains Mastiff Rescue
Volunteer
www.greatplainsmastiffrescue.org

Download Post   
Annie Mae
SLINGER
SLINGER
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:40 pm   Post subject:  Re: Neapolitan Mastiff growth chart Back to top 

I can’t wait to see a picture of your Baby!! I rescued Annie when she was 18 months and now she is 5 years old so I haven’t watched any Neo’s growing up. We need lots and lots of pictures!

“180 LBS is about the maximum limit for male Neos” IS that why my vet keeps saying Annie is FAT and needs to lose weight? She’s only 200 lbs.!
Embarassed

LEASH TRAINED
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:37 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I know its not a perfect comparison... but my English Mastiff Winston weighed the following:

6 weeks - 12 lbs
11 weeks - 21 lbs (changed food to good stuff here)
14 weeks - 31 lbs
32 weeks (7 months) - 115 lbs

Winston looks skinny as a rail but he is 31" tall atm... his dad was 245 and his mom was 190. His grand sire was 240 as well.

Download Post   
Mairs
LEASH TRAINED
LEASH TRAINED
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:43 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Beancounter wrote (View Post): › I know its not a perfect comparison... but my English Mastiff Winston weighed the following:

6 weeks - 12 lbs
11 weeks - 21 lbs (changed food to good stuff here)
14 weeks - 31 lbs
32 weeks (7 months) - 115 lbs

Winston looks skinny as a rail but he is 31" tall atm... his dad was 245 and his mom was 190. His grand sire was 240 as well.

I remember mine took FOREVER to get to their mature weight. It took close to three years. My Buster was 112 at 8 months but he matured to over 200lbs.

BONES
Download Post   

Jump to: