I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

Mastiff Online Community

Promote Your Page Too

Help Feed Dogs - FREE

The Animal Rescue Site

Mastiff Halloween Costumes

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
Huxleysmom
COUNTER SURFER
COUNTER SURFER
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:30 pm   Post subject:  Mastiff Halloween Costumes Back to top 

For the first time in my independent adult life, I live somewhere where I expect to be gettign trick-or-treaters!! Very Happy I'm pretty excited about this.

So... although I'm normally against dressing up dogs, I think I'm going to make an exception and put Huxley in a costume this year. But I didn't see any mastiff-sized costumes at Petsmart. Sad

Where do they sell mastiff-sized costumes?? If online, which sites do you recommend?
Or are there easy ones I can make myself, armed with some fabric glue?
And most importantly.... I need ideas!!

Right now, I'm envisioning Huxley as a ginormous pumpkin... but I would love to have input from others who have dressed up their mastiffs and hear what worked/didn't work.

Download Post   
MsBigDog
BUTT HIGH
BUTT HIGH
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:35 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

My mom sewed together Otis's costumes...didn't find any big enough.

COUNTER SURFER
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:17 pm   Post subject:  Re: Mastiff Halloween Costumes Back to top 

Is it better to buy a human child's costume for mastiffs? What human size works best?? Any particular child age?

Download Post   
weebit29
GENTLE GIANT
GENTLE GIANT
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:01 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I usually buy adult human costumes for mine Very Happy
Or recycle pieces of the kids costumes, I go to thrift stores etc since we are always on a budget.
I do think a pumpkin would be fairly easy to make perhaps a simple orange felt sewed or glued to fit like a t-shirt and stuffed with some newspaper and some green felt to put on top of her head like leaves with a brown stem?
Missy

Pretend you are a star, and poke a hole into someones darkness
Download Post   
MsBigDog
BUTT HIGH
BUTT HIGH
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:01 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

That's an excellent idea too..I would go with a toddler size.

BUTT HIGH

or bigger..lol..that's true..

COUNTER SURFER
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:46 pm   Post subject:  Re: Mastiff Halloween Costumes Back to top 

So far we're ranging from toddler to adult human lol.

Missy I like your pumpkin construction idea. I do like the puffy pumpkin look, but didn't even think of newspapers to fill the pumpkin. I can also see Huxley enjoying destroying it afterwards haha.

I was browsing for dog costumes online today and saw a cute shark/jaws costume. I think a dinosaur might be cute too... hmmmmm!!

Download Post   
logdog
GENTLE GIANT
GENTLE GIANT
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:02 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Beau plans to wear his brindle outfit.

DROOLER
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:51 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

AHHH, wouldn't Huxley be the cutest dinosaur? Very Happy Dino gets my vote..

PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:22 pm   Post subject:  Re: Mastiff Halloween Costumes Back to top 

I think that I'm just going to get one of those Rasta Dred hats. Gort would make a great Mastiffarian.

Beth,Alan,Ian and Crazy Eye Gort
Download Post   
mastiffhappy
DROOLER
DROOLER
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:35 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I'm not into celebrating Halloween, but I googled and found this site: http://www.worth1000.com/contest.asp?contest_id=1748 that had a few cute costumes.

Download Post   
mindee
SNORER
SNORER
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:24 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Im getting some fun fur..and making a cover for Harley's collar...she will go as a lion when we walk the kids trick or treating. Trucker isnt ready for that...he would DEFINITELY try to slobber kiss everyone he meets LOL Not many would like that lol

~ CH. Lacelle's Big Mudder Trucker ~
Download Post   
logdog
GENTLE GIANT
GENTLE GIANT
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:29 am   Post subject:  Re: Mastiff Halloween Costumes Back to top 

mindee wrote (View Post): ›
Im getting some fun fur..and making a cover for Harley's collar...she will go as a lion when we walk the kids trick or treating. Trucker isnt ready for that...he would DEFINITELY try to slobber kiss everyone he meets LOL Not many would like that lol

What the heck, it is TRICK or treat.

SNORER
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:39 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

logdog wrote (View Post): ›
mindee wrote (View Post): ›

What the heck, it is TRICK or treat.

Ha yeah.
He still hops...like towards people when he is excited on a walk ( oddly never at shows?!) And all people see is this 200+ orangutan...scary! I have to explain he is a pup and happy. I wont take my chances in the dark...godforbi he knocked some kiddo down...my neighbors would burn me at the stake. So far my dogs have a good rep.

Hmm...I wonder if an adult gorilla costume would fit him...that would be hilarious!

~ CH. Lacelle's Big Mudder Trucker ~
Download Post   
Huxleysmom
COUNTER SURFER
COUNTER SURFER
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:58 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

mindee wrote (View Post): › Im getting some fun fur..and making a cover for Harley's collar...she will go as a lion when we walk the kids trick or treating.

I did see the lion costume from last year's Halloween costume contest, and it was SO cute!! I think Harley would make an adorable lion!

And Trucker will get to celebrate Halloween one day haha. Your description of him hopping sounds so silly and cute.

I think Huxley would love the attention of having all sorts of kids visit the house, assuming she's not freaked out by the unusual costumes. Guess we'll just have to see.

Download Post   

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic