I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

Mastiff Online Community

Promote Your Page Too

Help Feed Dogs - FREE

The Animal Rescue Site

TPLO surgery

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
old_dan
PUPPY BREATH
PUPPY BREATH
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:57 am   Post subject:  TPLO surgery Back to top 

I dropped my guy off for TPLO surgery Tuesday morning. I should be bringing him home Saturday.
Since I live in a more rural state there aren't a lot of places that do this surgery that I would feel comfortable with.

He is at Iowa State University. Part of the University is the Iowa State College of Veterinary Medicine. That is a little over 100 miles from where I live.
Bill lives closer to the University and probably knows more about it than I do.

Last September or October he had his left knee done, now it is his right knee. Then about 8 weeks later I took him back for physical therapy for a week. I can do some of it at home, but they do more. Besides stretching his leg, massaging it, they also do infrared treatments and his favorite of all. The swimming pool. Jumping Slobber Smiley

In a few weeks after he is home I am going to write something a little longer about what I have been through with him and what I have learned. He had some skin problems that had to be taken care of before he could have surgery last year.

I got home Tuesday afternoon and my 8 year old lab wondered why I took his buddy away and didn't bring him back. I have 2 cats, 10 years old. One didn't care but the other cat usually curled up and slept with him so she is wondering around the house looking for him.

It is quiet here without him, but he is in good hands, so I am not worried.

Dan

ADMINISTRATOR
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:44 am   Post subject:  Re: TPLO surgery Back to top 

I'm sorry to see he had to have his other knee done Sad It does sound like he is in great hands and that you like them a lot, that is a huge plus.
I will be praying he has a great recovery Very Happy