I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

Mastiff Online Community

Promote Your Page Too

Help Feed Dogs - FREE

The Animal Rescue Site

Right front leg limping

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
aidamone
LEASH TRAINED
LEASH TRAINED
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:34 pm   Post subject:  Right front leg limping Back to top 

Faustus is now nearly 9 months old and is about 120lbs. On Sunday, I noticed that he was limping on his front right leg. He still uses the leg and put weights on it, but is favoring it. He does not seem to be in pain, no crying or whinning or anything else. After a bit of running and playing in the yard, his limp gets more pronounced. So for the last couple of days we have been restricting his activity. I have not seen him fall or hurt himself, but he does play rough with Ladybug all the time.

Anyhow, any suggestions on what it could be and what we should do? Does hip displacia generally only happen on the hips (rear legs)? I do not think it is an ACL because I would imagine he would be more painful. What about Pano, does it usually affect only one leg?

Thanks- worried mommy

Aida
Ladybug and Faustus's Mom
Download Post   
weebit29
GENTLE GIANT
GENTLE GIANT
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:51 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Pano would be my best guess.. but I honestly don't know. If it continues have the vet take a look.
Try to get him to rest it, crated if he has to be
Missy

Pretend you are a star, and poke a hole into someones darkness
Download Post   
CentIAMastiffDaddy
GENTLE GIANT
GENTLE GIANT
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:05 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

It could be pano. Here's a brief article about it.
http://www.vetinfo.com/dencyclopedia/depano.html

From the article it sounds like if it is pano it doesn't matter whether they are active or quiet. Is that true?

Bill, Proud Papa to Ryanna
Download Post   
Celestial Momma
COUNTER SURFER
COUNTER SURFER
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:13 pm   Post subject:  Re: Right front leg limping Back to top 

It could be any number of things. Off the top of my head Pano, OCD, ED in the form of UAP or FCP. Were his sire and dam tested and cleeared for elbow dysplasia ? Could also just be a sprain. I would give him some aspirin or better yet Boswellia, Crate rest him when in the house and leash walk him for outside, even if it is just to go potty. If it doesn't easy up in a few days a definate trip to the vet for x-rays.

http://www.dogcookiebaker.com
Download Post   

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic