Remember me

I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

Mastiff Online Community

Promote Your Page Too

Help Feed Dogs - FREE

The Animal Rescue Site

Have you ever seen a silver fawn with a dark/silver head ?

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
Anonymous
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat May 17, 2008 9:15 am   Post subject:  Have you ever seen a silver fawn with a dark/silver head ? Back to top 

I know this may sound like a dumb question but I just want to know if anyone has seen a dog that looks like my Tango ? I have searched and cant find one. Shes a silver fawn, with an all dark and silver head. her dark covers back to her neck and she has silver throughout. I wonder if she will look that way forever ? I want to know whay i dont see many others like her...

Download Post   
Moriah
SNORER
SNORER
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat May 17, 2008 11:18 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

She may or may not stay that way. She has too much pigment. Her mask should cover only her ears and from the nose up to right above her eyes.

I'd take too much pigment over a lack of pigment anyday!

She doesn't look like a silver fawn to me. Might be the lighting??

Big Dogs Huge Paws
www.bigdogshugepaws.com
Download Post   
Megan
GENTLE GIANT
GENTLE GIANT
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat May 17, 2008 12:59 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

It looks more like she has a dark head, but not a black mask Wink She is a lighter fawn, but silver fawn is VERY white, lighter than her (from what I can tell in the pics)

She is a cutie pie Very Happy

PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat May 17, 2008 2:06 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I don't know much about silver fawns! But like Moriah said to me is looks like lots of pigment. When Zeus was younger he had a darker mask and as he got older it started to get lighter and not so much around his eyes. So maybe she'll get lighter too? Hard to say!

Hmmm...I wonder if my Zeus is a silver fawn?

I looked up silver fawn on google and it came up with this:

http://www.sitstay.com/dog/supplies/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&productId=39009

Zeus is like a yellowish colour.

Download Post   
redheads
BUTT HIGH
BUTT HIGH
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat May 17, 2008 2:14 pm   Post subject:  Re: Have you ever seen a silver fawn with a dark/silver head ? Back to top 

I think she just has quite a bit of pigment.A cutie for sure.Big Gentle Bens coloring(when he isnt playing in water and dirt) is more what I consider silver fawn.I am surrounded by redheads,though,lol.

Download Post   
Anonymous
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat May 17, 2008 3:28 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Her mother was very "silver", and i was hoping she would be too, and in the sun she shines almost white in some places but i cant pick it up good with a flash.. I didnt know why she has a realy diferent color then the breed standard. Is this just a fluke ? Not that it matters... shes the calmest, sweetest pup ive ever seen, and Ive never seen a dog take to training as fast either. She does everything i ask with ease.. unlike her male counter-part.. we wouldnt trade her for the world. I just wondered why shes.... "special" LOL.

Download Post   
texas-racer
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat May 17, 2008 6:52 pm   Post subject:  Re: Have you ever seen a silver fawn with a dark/silver head Back to top 

A darker head is sorta kinda common, i mean there is not a ton of them, but there is a lot.
My harly is a silver Mastiff, just look at his face LOL smiley
He has a dark head, along with chest, look at his pic you can tell.

You cannot do a kindness to soon, because you never know how soon it will be to late. Ralph Waldo Emerson
Give HOPE. You can make a difference.
ADOPT VOLUNTEER DONATE
Download Post   
weebit29
GENTLE GIANT
GENTLE GIANT
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat May 17, 2008 8:02 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I don't know. I have seen lighter colored fawns called silver but I am not sure I could actually pick out the color unless I had several shades in front of me. And