Remember me

I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

Mastiff Online Community

Promote Your Page Too

Help Feed Dogs - FREE

The Animal Rescue Site

When do I change from puppy to adult food?

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
tnania74
PUPPY BREATH
PUPPY BREATH
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:02 pm   Post subject:  When do I change from puppy to adult food? Back to top 

My mastiff Romeo will be 1 year old next month. I have been feeding him Eagle Pack Large Breed Puppy Food. At what age should I switch him to an adult food? He seems to be having a growing spurt again and is starting to look a bit thin. I feed him 5-6 cups twice a day. Also, any suggestions on a good adult food to switch to?
Thanks!!

Download Post   
logdog
GENTLE GIANT
GENTLE GIANT
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:12 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Giant breeds like mastiffs do not need puppy chow. Check some of the better feeds in Bill's list and start the switch now.
http://www.mastiffonlinecommunity.net/viewtopic.php?t=15522

GENTLE GIANT
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:55 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

You can switch anytime you are ready Smile
Nova was weaned to an adult food and has remained on an adult food his entire life and has grown very well.
We currently feed Fromm but there are many great brands out there.
I printed out Bill's top foods list and spent a Saturday finding out what I could get in my area and at what price and found several that fit my budget
Missy

Pretend you are a star, and poke a hole into someones darkness
Download Post   
Misty
SLINGER
SLINGER
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:50 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I think we migrated Camo to adult food when he was 10 or 11 weeks old. We gave him a couple weeks of being home before we moved him to adult food and he's done great. I did have him on Natures Variety Pai