I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

Mastiff Online Community

Promote Your Page Too

Help Feed Dogs - FREE

The Animal Rescue Site

fluffy mastiffs

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
Anonymous
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:09 pm   Post subject:  fluffy mastiffs Back to top 

Hi,
I live in Phoenix and would love to find a fluffy mastiff. If anyone could help that would be great. Thanks.
Laurie

Download Post   
weebit29
GENTLE GIANT
GENTLE GIANT
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:34 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Oh the fluffies are so pretty Smile
Good luck in your search.
I would start by finding breeders that I considered reputable and talking to them, if they have a fluffy pop up (not so much now that the DNA test is available) or if they hear of one, they will be thinking of you Smile
Missy

Pretend you are a star, and poke a hole into someones darkness
Download Post   
mindee
SNORER
SNORER
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:28 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Ditto to what Missy said. Id post on a few mastiff forums and then look into the breeder that has one. Make sure they are reputable.

Some breeders dont advertise them...since its a very obvious fault. But some are very forward to advertise and sell on a spay/neuter contract.

They are adorable. One of my favorite mastiffs is a fluffy...Dona's Eliot. He is a perfect example of a gorgeous mastiff...and he looks so soft and cuddly, an added bonus! lol

Good Luck in your search!

~ CH. Lacelle's Big Mudder Trucker ~
Download Post   
Hankums
GENTLE GIANT
GENTLE GIANT
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:45 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Hi Laurie and Welcome to MOC!
Ditto on the above too, I think the fluffys are so sweet. We have a few on the board. Start by checking out good breeders.
Good luck!!!! Smile

GLMR Volunteer
http://www.glmr.org
Download Post   
texas-racer
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:27 am   Post subject:  Re: fluffy mastiffs Back to top 

I agree with what everyone has told you, make sure it is a reputable breeder, not a backyard breeder. These big guys can have so many problems, choosing a breeder that does all the right testing will help lessen the chance of you getting a problem plagued dog, but that also lessens the chance of a fluffy. Be prepared for a wait. I would rather wait and have a healthy happy fluffy then get one sooner and have the possibility of a Mastiff with many problems.
Ask to see all the papers on the testing, anyone can tell you it has been done, but seeing the proof will guarantee it.

WELCOME TO MOC

You cannot do a kindness to soon, because you never know how soon it will be to late. Ralph Waldo Emerson
Give HOPE. You can make a difference.
ADOPT VOLUNTEER DONATE
Download Post   
DReilly
SNORER
SNORER
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:54 am   Post subject:  Re: fluffy mastiffs Back to top 

Quote: › They are adorable. One of my favorite mastiffs is a fluffy...Dona's Eliot. He is a perfect example of a gorgeous mastiff...and he looks so soft and cuddly, an added bonus!

Thanks Mindy!!!

I got "lucky" when I was able to get Eliot. He was supposed to go to a very good friend of mine who was looking for a show puppy. When the breeder realized he was a fluffy she told my friend, who then decided that she would try and help find him a home. Well, she asked me and once I looked at his picture ( I didn't have to do